Our Colonial shutters continue to offer convenient storm protection with a distinct, Old South architectural flair. Nowadays you can expect these hurricane window shutters to be constructed of heavy aluminum, making them extremely reliable and weather proof. Professional installation of these storm shutters makes them a permanent and durable part of any house or building, providing protection for years to come. They are simple to maintain and easy to close. For more information on Colonial shutters, scroll down to view characteristics, criteria and considerations.
For more storm shutter options made available by Stormwise – such as our always popular accordion hurricane shutters or our clear hurricane panels – be sure to browse the other pages of this site.
- Extremely popular as storm protection and adds to the charm of your home
- Architecturally pleasing
- Easy to install on any existing home
- Easy operation from inside or outside the home or office
- Provides excellent security
- Versatile protection that adds to the look of your home
- Arches, angles and cured tops available
- Covers openings up to 16 ft. wide and 15 ft. high
- Special sizes available upon request
- 14 designer color
- Colonial shutters provide excellent privacy, light control when in the closed position
Colonial Shutters should be considered if...
- You are in the design or construction stage.
- Have an existing home
- Stucco, brick, wood fascia, or frame.
- Ease of operation is important.
- Sun and light control is important
- Security is important
- If you are in the design stage, we suggest you plan for the installation by insuring there will be clear space for the Colonial shutters on each side of an opening.
- All manner of custom shapes such as arches or angles or curves are possible with colonial style shutters and to some degree the Bahama style shutters.
- Obstructions such as exterior lights should be considered when evaluating an opening for surface mount installation. Remember the Colonial style shutter needs space to the side of each opening for the panels.
- Decorative banding around a window or door using non structural products may require special installation steps.
- Lap-style siding in vinyl or wood creates a non-smooth surface may require additional installation techniques. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Examples of Colonial Shutters we sell:Click here to view more Colonial Shutters - view gallery
- 17 Years of Experience
- Famly Owned
- Factory Direct Pricing
- 12000+ Home Installation